Hayley Mackler, Jr. Camp Division Head
I have been lucky enough to spend the past 12 summers working at camp and this is my 8th summer at Buckley. Working with our youngest campers is my passion! Junior camp is so important at Buckley because the campers learn fundamental skills like making friends and being part of a group which fosters a sense of belonging and builds confidence. They learn the basics of swimming, sports and can be creative with the hands on arts programs and activities that Buckley offers!
Summer 2024 will be amazing because we have the most incredibly dedicated staff that collaborate to ensure our campers have the best summer!
A great introduction to the world of camp!
Entering Nursery – Kindergarten
Junior Camp at Buckley Day Camp is the perfect place for young campers to begin their journey at camp. Our youngest campers thrive as they are nurtured in a safe and age-appropriate environment. Buckley Day Camp offers one of highest staff to camper ratios to ensure the proper care, attention and developmental support is given to each child. Socialization, fun, learning new skills, building self-confidence and making new discoveries happen every day. It is a place where campers are given the chance to be the BEST that they can be!
About Junior Camp:
- Groups are led by certified teachers or mature adults with ample camp experience and a dedicated staff of college and high school aged counselors
- Small group instructional swim in a pool especially designed for young campers
- Through sports, Junior Campers work on physical coordination while being introduced to a variety of new and exciting games and activities.
- Well-rounded schedule also includes classes in gymnastics, art, music, science, yoga and sports.
- Special activities scheduled throughout the summer to further enhance their experience at camp include character lunch, pony rides, carnival day and more
Junior Camp Program Options:
Three-Day Mini-Day Program (for entering Nursery & Pre-K): This program begins at 9 am and ends at 1:30 pm. The program runs on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It is the perfect intro to camping program for families whose children are not ready for a five-day experience, but still want to experience camp. Three Day – Mini-Day campers have an instructional swim period each day.
Mini-Day Program (for entering Nursery and Pre-K): This program begins at 9 am and ends at 1:30 pm. This enables campers to end their day earlier, spend afternoons with family and share their amazing day at camp. Mini-day campers have an instructional swim period each day.
Full-Day Program (for entering Nursery, Pre-K & Kindergarten): This program begins at 9:00 am and ends at 4:00 pm. Campers in this program receive an instructional swim period each day and a recreational swim period in the afternoon as well.